Street/Sidewalk Cut Permits

Capital Region Water is the point of contact for Street/Sidewalk Cut Permits in the City of Harrisburg when excavating for water or sewer pipe repairs. If you are excavating streets or sidewalks in the City of Harrisburg for water or sewer pipe repairs, you need to obtain a Street/Sidewalk Cut Permit through Capital Region Water.

Work is not permitted to begin until an approved Street/Sidewalk Cut Permit is issued by Capital Region Water.

Click here to access the Street/Sidewalk Cut Permit application packet. Select the Street/Sidewalk Cut Permit Request for Water / Sewer Line Installation / Repairs / Replacements form and complete and submit a request.

Payment made payable to “Capital Region Water” must be received prior to permit issuance by Capital Region Water.

To avoid work delays, your request should be submitted to Capital Region Water five (5) working days in advance of the anticipated date work is to commence.

Do not commence with backfilling of any part of the excavation until a Capital Region Water representative has inspected the site.



Phone: 888-510-0606

In person: Customer Service Center, 100 Pine Drive, Harrisburg, PA 17103 Business Hours: (8:00 AM – 4:30 PM, Monday – Friday)