Stop by Saturday, October 15th from 11AM to 2PM to get a tour of Capital Region Water’s recently upgraded Advanced Wastewater Treatment Facility and learn how we transform your waste to produce clean water, renewable energy, and nutrients for farms 24 hours a day!
This event will be held rain or shine and includes:
- Tours of the facility every 20 minutes
- Free hot dogs, hamburgers and desserts
- Educational activities for kids and adults
- Free prizes and give-aways
- Caterpillar Simulator Trailer provided by HEAT (Heavy Equipment Accelerated Training) Engineered by Jackson Dowe Strategies, LLC
- Touch a Truck including
- Fire truck from Harrisburg Fire Department
- River rescue boat from Harrisburg River Rescue
- Capital Region Water backhoe loader
- Capital Region Water CCTV van
The Open House is free and open to the public but please RSVP below or on Facebook:
The wastewater plant is located at 1662 South Cameron Street but 1050 Elliot Street, Harrisburg, PA is the best address to use for GPS directions.
From Harrisburg: Take South Cameron Street and make a right onto Elliot Street across from Quigly’s Restaurant. Follow Elliot Street to the entrance of the Advanced Wastewater Treatment Facility.
From Steelton: Take South Cameron Street and make a left onto Elliot Street just past the Dauphin County Recycling Center. Follow Elliot Street to the entrance of the Advanced Wastewater Treatment Facility.
Give us a call at 888-510-0606 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org